We started by looking at the most popular sections of our site and seeing how the majority of subscribers were actually using MarketEdge. Next we analyzed our support calls and emails to find out where people were having troubles and see what content we provided that was under-exposed or may be confusing to some users.
We consulted with top interface designers of both consumer and institutional websites to help design an intuitive, easy to use layout. We then we put that interface in front of a diverse group of actual and perspective users to test our design assumption.
- We watched how people used different pages, asked questions, and took notes
- We worked with users who have been with us since the beginning and with brand new subscribers to find what works for them
- We put the site in front of new investors who were also extremely web savvy and experienced investors who were not
- We did demonstrations for institutional investors and neighborhood investment clubs
- We listened to our current and active subscribers as well as those who cancelled to find out what we can do better
- We used the new design ourselves every day for our own investing
- We put the site in the hands of over 1000 beta testers and asked for feedback
Every step of the way, we took the comments and concerns of our testers and tried to put together something both simple and beautiful that’s a pleasure to use.
After over a year in development and hundreds of active beta testers we are ready to roll out The New MarketEdge. The same award winning technical analysis in a New, Easy-to-use interface. There is a good stock in there somewhere, find it with the new MarketEdge.
Why: The First MarketEdge website launched over 20 years ago and introduced individual investors to the award winning technical analysis that was previously only available to large Institutional Investors through our Traders Edge product. Since then, the...
Our Goal: Provide a modern user experience to better showcase all of the great content available on marketedge for new users while keeping familiar tools easily accessible for our long time subscribers. We have a very diverse user base from small...
Result: Updated User Experience New Home Page combines Home and Markets for a single place to get started - Indicators on Home Page (CTI, Posture and SRO) - Market At A Glance - Rollover Charts on Symbols everywhere on the site -Add to stockwatch from...